As a Residence Support Worker at REACH Child and Youth Development Society’s Respite Home, you will
play a vital role in caring for complex and challenging children and youth in a two bedroom,
respite home setting. Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care up to and
including personal care to persons with developmental disabilities, and implementing the care plan
with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the
person you will be caring for. You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate
activities and outings for the individual, participate in the gathering of information and
documentation to be included in the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through
behavioral needs and challenges. As per Reach Policies and Procedures, employees in a permanent position
of 20+ hours per week are eligible (after passing probation) for extended health benefits and pension plan, as
well as paid vacation and sick time.
Daytime Shifts Available:
Saturday, Sunday and Monday
7:00am – 3:00 pm
22.5 hours per week
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
7:00 am – 3:00 pm (Sunday) and
6:00am – 2:00 pm (Monday and Tuesday)
22.5 hours per week
Afternoon Shifts Available:
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
3:00 pm – 11:00 pm (Sat – Mon) and 2:00 pm – 10:00 am (Tuesday)
30 hours per week
• Ensures that client’s physical, emotional, social, educational, and medical needs are met.
• Assist clients to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
• Administer personal care to clients when needed, such as aid in bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing,
• Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients when needed
• May perform routine health-related duties such as assisting in the administration of medications
• May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
• Minimum of a 1-year certification in any of the following: Human Service Worker, Community and
Care Worker, Child & Youth Care, Addictions and Community Worker, diploma in Residential Care Aide
• 6 months experience, or an equivalent of relevant education and experience.
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Good verbal communication skills
• Criminal Record Check
• HUB Check
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Food Safe
• Class 5 clean drivers abstract
Start date for position: July 2023
Closing date for Applications: Open until filled
If you are interested, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Thank you for your application. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.