Support Network for Parents who have children with special needs
What is Reach's Parent Support Network
The Parent Network’s primary function is to provide support for parents that have children with special needs between the ages of 0-18.
It has two main components:
- Sharing pertinent information
- Connecting parents with other parents
South Delta Reach Parent Support Group:
The parent group is an opportunity for parents with children who have ADHD or other complex behaviors to come together. At the group, you can learn and reflect on your life as a parent of children that may behave in ways that are unexpected and a challenge to understand. You will gain insight in building positive relationships, celebrating your children and focus on your emotional well being. We provide a welcoming and safe environment to share experiences, knowledge and offer support to each other. This group is led by a trained facilitator and is held the last Friday of the month, September to June, 9:30-11:30 am, at the Reach Society Centre for Children at 5050 47 Avenue, Ladner, BC. Contact Pam Collins at 604.946.6622 ext 359 or email@example.com for more information.
Delta Down Syndrome Support Group:
Our group goals are to provide guest speakers (REACH therapists, community professionals and other programs) to discuss common issues to provide support an information to families in Delta who have a child with Down Syndrome.
- On-site child minding provided while you attend the discussion
- When – First Thursday of each month alternating locations between:
- Reach Developmental Preschool South – 5050 47 Ave., Ladner, BC
- Reach Developmental Preschool North – 10921 82 Ave., Delta, BC
- No charge, 6:00-7:30 pm, light refreshments served
- Please RSVP to Sarah Garnham at 604-946-6622 ext. 321 or email here.
New Autism Diagnosis Orientation:
New Autism Diagnosis Orientation is a program to help families whose children have recently received a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder to gain an understanding of the diagnosis, receive information on different treatment methods on autism, grasp the ever-changing government services and programs, and find available resources in their community. This group is held the last Wednesday of each month, September to June, from 12:30-2:00 pm. Additional sessions will be scheduled as needed. Reach Child and Youth Development Society is located at 5050 47 Ave., Delta, BC. Pre-registration is required for all participants. To register, please contact Pam Collins at 604.946.6622 ext 359 or email here.
Punjabi Speaking Parent Support Group:
Facilitated by Monisha Jassi, Positive Behavioural Support Consultant. Are you a Punjabi speaking parent of a child with special needs? You are invited to join our parent support group to connect with other parents and enjoy a caring community of support. To give parents an opportunity to:
- Share stories and support one another in a safe non-judgmental environment.
- To discuss and connect parents to resources in the community.
- To answer questions related to parenting, community resources, and funding etc.
Strawberry Hill Library meeting room
7399 122nd Street Surrey
12:15-1:45 September 25, October 31, November 21, 2019
Please call or email to Pre-register: Monisha Jassi 604-946-6622 ext.315 or email here
Join Our FREE Email Newsletter To:
- Receive helpful information on parenting children with special needs
- Get updates on any important policy changes form CLBC and MCFD
- Learn about education issues
- Find upcoming courses & workshops
Help A Parent Section
Connect with other parents who are be facing similar challenges. Post your own questions to get the advice or information you need most. Join a network of over 500 parents throughout BC & Canada.
Sign Up For Our Parent Weekly Newsletter